Introduction and General Terms
- What information Capability Brown may collect about you.
- How Capability Brown will use the information we collect.
- When Capability Brown may use your details to contact you.
- Whether Capability Brown will disclose your details to anyone else.
- Your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
Whenever you provide such information, Capability Brown is legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own Privacy Policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information submitted or collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. Capability Brown does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites. Your use of such websites is at your own risk.
The information Capability Brown will collect about you
When you sign up to participate in or receive services from Capability Brown (eg newsletters, general enquiries or to offer feedback), we may ask for personal information. This might be your name, email or postal address, telephone or mobile number. Different web pages may ask for different personal information. By providing us with these details, you enable Capability Brown to provide you with the services you select.
How will Capability Brown use information collected about me?
Capability Brown will use personal information for a number of purposes, including the following:
- For "service administration purposes", which means that Capability Brown may contact you for reasons related to a service you have signed up for.
- To contact you about any feedback you have made to the website, including any content you provide.
- To personalise the way Capability Brown content is presented
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyse and improve the services offered on
www.capabilitybrown.org, eg to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
When will Capability Brown contact me?
Capability Brown may contact you:
- In relation to the functioning of any service for which you have registered
- Where you have opted to receive further correspondence
- In relation to any contribution you have made, eg via the feedback link
- To invite you to participate in voluntary surveys about Capability Brown
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed (see below).
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Capability Brown will contact you in relation to specific services.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Capability Brown will only contact you for marketing purposes or to promote new services, if you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
Will Capability Brown share my personal information?
Capability Brown will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described below. Generally, we will only use your information within Capability Brown.
Offensive or inappropriate content
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content to Capability Brown, or otherwise engage in disruptive behaviour on www.capabilitybrown.org, Capability Brown may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Capability Brown reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws of England or Wales (eg because content you have posted may be defamatory), Capability Brown may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content.
Can I find out what information Capability Brown has about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Capability Brown holds about you, and to have inaccuracies corrected. (You will be required to prove your identity with two pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
If you have any questions in relation to this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org